I made chocolate chip cookies tonight using:
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil
- 1/8 cup organic agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons organic honey
- 1 antibiotic-free egg (room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons all-natural vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-natural almond meal/flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup all-natural chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In the food processor, (make sure you use your dough blades and not your sharp blades) cream your coconut oil, agave nectar, honey, egg, and vanilla until smooth (about 15 seconds).
3. Add your almond flour, baking soda, sea salt, and chocolate chips and mix until combined (about 30 seconds).
*I had to stir with a spatula after both steps 2 and 3.
4. Spoon balls of dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet. With a small piece of parchment paper, smash down your dough balls to make them flat because they won’t spread too much.
5. Bake for 9-12 minutes.
*These keep best in the fridge in an air-tight container.
*If you don’t have a food processor: I’m pretty sure this recipe would work using an electric mixer or mixing by hand.
I was shocked at how much these looked and tasted just like chocolate chip cookies made with flour, butter, and sugar. They are so good, but made with coconut and almond! This recipe is a much healthier alternative to the typical chocolate chip cookie recipe, and tastes the same, if not better! I highly recommend it!
I adapted this recipe from www.againstallgrain.com: Real-Deal Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe.